Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No More Walker!



The walker is cleaned up and ready to be taken back to the neighbors that let us borrow it. Olivia has reached another hurdle and does not need it anymore. She can walk all around the house by herself. I am always encouraging her to learn and grow and get stronger but it is also a little sad when I step back and think about how fast she is changing and growing up. I can't keep up with how much she learns each week and how strong she has gotten since we came home only three short months ago.
The good part is now she can play and wander around while I get things done. While I'm busy in the kitchen she is busy pulling out every piece of Tupperware from the cabinet I leave unlocked, just for that reason. It keeps her busy and gives her something to carry around as she makes the circle from the kitchen through the dining room, through the living room, sometimes down the hall and into her bedroom and then back to the kitchen. She will be wearing a path in the flooring the way she keeps circling. Misty also has to be on guard a little more now as Olivia loves to pet her and follow after her.
Her vocabulary has not changed much but she has surely mastered "hi". Every time she comes into a new room she says "hi", "hiiiiiiiieeeee". She can almost get herself standing up without pulling on something but is still developing those muscles and is a little weak and shaky but almost has it. One of these days it will just happen and she will be so proud of herself again. Today she walked outside in the grass with bare feet for the first time. She thought it was pretty neat but can also move pretty fast so I really have to watch her out there.
She still loves to eat and eat anything. I've been blending up our own food and she loves it all. Chicken and rice, lasagna, venison, potatoes, vegetables, she isn't very picky. She still gets her bottle with milk but can also drink from the sippy cup. I like to hold her and give her the bottle before she takes a nap or goes to bed but she is starting to bite on the nipple so when she chews through this one I guess I will have to give up the bottle too.

No comments: