Thursday, May 10, 2007

We're On Our Way!!

We are packed and ready to go. But last night while checking the e-mail, our agency had forwarded two messages from the adoption coordinator. Turns out we will be one of the first groups that does not stay at the famous White Swan Hotel!! I had heard rumors that it was going to be under renovation soon and of course they won't take anyone after May 20th. We were scheduled to be there May 22nd. So we will be staying at a different 5 star hotel called the DongFang Hotel. The telephone number is (20) 8666-9900. I have no idea if it is close to the White Swan or not. We just have to remember to "go with the flow". They also happened to update the fees needed so we had to make one more run to the bank.....remember, go with the flow!

We were able to pack everything we wanted to take and keep it under the 44 pounds per check-in. We each have one check-in and one carry on and we still have some space to spare.

We are all glad the time has finally come. The anticipation and excitement has been getting exhausting. We cannot wait to finally have Olivia in our arms on Monday. I've played it through my mind a million times.

Thank you so much to our families and friends. The excitement, well wishes and prayers everyone shares with us is so comforting. It is just as much fun to hear how everyone can't wait to see and hold Olivia as it is to actually be going to China to get her. Hang in there everyone, in two weeks we will be packing to come home!! I can't wait to get to China but I also cannot wait to get back home!!

We are not able to take a laptop computer along but I will do my best to find resources to keep updating the blog as often as I can so keep checking!!

See you when ALL FIVE of us get back!!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

When out of the country ANY post from home is so much fun to read... so I hope you get LOTS of comments!!! Have a wonderful trip and can't wait to hear all about your experiences! I like to have food reports LOL :)
God's blessings to you all - stay healthy! Debbie